Brand Attachment
We
have all heard about brand loyalty through many years of our college lives and
in pretty much every marketing class. Put simply, brand loyalty is when you
consistently buy one specific brand no matter what the condition or location
where you need to buy it. Now, taking it one step further, not many people know
about the concept of brand attachment. I know I didn’t.
This
new concept is very interesting to me. I am still trying to decide if I am sold
on the idea of it or not. Brand Attachment is defined as “the emotional
connection between humans and brands.” This means that they become not just
loyal, but actually attached to the brand. This often happens when companies
like Ben & Jerry’s come up with unique flavors and names that can make a
deeper connection with consumers. The three elements that were highlighted
specifically were affection, connection, and passion. These elements put
together bring the audience to a deeper connection with the brand itself and
not just compared to the other brands in its industry.
Now,
do you agree that this is possible? I am not fully convinced but I believe I do
have a deeper connection with specific brands in different industries because
of their advertisements or what their company stands for. If it is actually an
attachment I am still deciding and doing more research but for now I think it
is more and more convincing and a very interesting concept.
No comments:
Post a Comment