Monday, September 15, 2014

6 Word of Mouth Marketing Tips



6 Word of Mouth Marketing Tips

We all know that one of the strongest marketing techniques is through word of mouth. If your friend tells you they like something you are probably more likely to look it up or try it over seeing a random ad or having companies constantly talking to you, I know I am. But how do we get people talking? Social Media Today recently outlined 6 Tips....

1.     Promote Word of Mouth by Providing Above Average Service
2.     Connect with Industry Influencers
3.     Create a Core Group of Insiders
4.     Incentivize Word of Mouth to Get People Talking
5.     Use Social Media to Create Personal Connections
6.     Publish Quality Content

These are all awesome ideas but how do you do this? I think it really depends on the specific market you are targeting. With our generation, the three of these that I think would be most efficient and a lot of companies are doing nicely are Connecting with Influencers, Incentivize Word of Mouth to Get People Talking, and Use of Social Media to Create Personal Connections.

Connecting with Influencers of our generation gets the company the first look. If we see a celebrity we like in a commercial or promoting a specific product I think we are more likely to stop and check it out or look at what they are promoting rather that just a random ad that we may glance over.

Incentivize Word of Mouth to Get People Talking is another big one. Just the other day I was looking for a place to get my haircut and my friend immediately recommended a place because she really liked the service and if she recommends someone, both she and I would get $10 off our haircut. Just by giving this little incentive of $10 now the company has both me and my friend coming back for a visit we otherwise may not have had.

Lastly, Use of Social Media to Create Personal Connections. I wrote in my first blog about the difference between social media “likes” and “shares” If companies can successfully use facebook and other kings of social media and make personal connections that lead to people “sharing” the post with their friends I think it would greatly help their companies.

All of these 6 mentioned I believe are important in general but Thinking about this before I read the article and matching my ideas with the ones listed, the 3 I just explained seemed to stand out the most to me and are most powerful to our generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment