9 Mistakes Businesses
make on Social Media
I recently read a post on socialmediatoday about the
mistakes businesses make on Social Media. It really interested me and I thought
it was extremely important to know what to do and what not to do when we eventually
need to promote on different social media platforms so I wanted to reiterate
this message and expand on a couple of them.
1.
Focusing on the Quantity of the Followers, not
the quality
Sometimes companies dwell just on having a massive amount of
followers. While this is good for marketing sometimes, like building a network
and making others think you are more credible for being popular, it does not
help where it counts. If you have a ton of followers but none of them are very
interested in your product or likely to buy your product or service it doesn’t
help you at all. So sometimes, although it is good to have large numbers of
followers, we should think about the quality of our followers and if they are
likely to buy rather than just the numbers in general.
2.
Not posting engaging content regularly
If I am interested in a company I am going to want to see
what they are doing and when they are doing it. If I don’t see any posts that
interest me in a decent amount of time, I will most likely get bored and move
onto another similar company. This is why companies have to have a schedule
about what they are posting and when they are posting it.
3.
Not converting followers into paid customers
I feel the same way about what I said for the first one.
This is all about the quality of the follower not the quantity.
4.
Focusing on too many social media channels
It is great to have different channels but if you are on too
many and do not have enough time or man power to successfully advertise on all
of them or engage with your audiences then focus on a smaller group of channels
that you can actually manage. More information and content on fewer channels
will most likely be more effective than a lot of channels with little
information and content
5.
Having no Brand Personality
You have to have a brand personality so that it is easier
for people to connect with you. If you are dry and have no personality it is
less likely to catch peoples attention and make them want to engage in business
with you. If you make it personal by having a personality more people will be
able to connect on a deeper level.
6.
Spamming
Just no. I hate Spam
7.
Doing Everything Manually
Takes too long. Will not be effective
8.
Broadcasting the Same Message Across all
channels
You are on different channels for a reason. If you use the
same message across all channels you are not using your time and channels
efficiently. It doesn’t have to be drastic but little changes to adapt to the
channels and audiences of each channel could have a great impact.
9.
Not having a strategy at all
If you don’t have a strategy at all it is pretty noticeable.
This will cause the content to be messy and the frequency of content to be
unpredictable and may cause followers to loose interest. A strategy is the
first thing your company should come up with, even before choosing the content
or channels.
No comments:
Post a Comment